Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
Researcher (2 positions)
Date: Feb 01, 2022
- Perform research activities including research design, literature reviews, field trips, data collection and analyses and paper writing
- Conduct comprehensive research on relevant topics (e.g., security sector, minority rights and local governance) for political negotiations in Myanmar as a lead researcher
- Write and publish policy papers, policy analyses and briefings on topics as assigned
- Provide support to policy preparation and development process of peace actors
- Act as a resource person or facilitator in relevant activities as assigned
- Develop and foster good relationship with key stakeholders
- Participate actively in regular research team meetings and other staff meetings
- Collaborate with and support other staff as needed for a successful implementation of the research and other project activities to meet the project goal and work plan
- Communicate with and report to Research Manager on a regular and timely basis
- Travel to project locations as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Preferred Master degree or equivalent in politics, social science, security studies or other relevant fields
- At least two years of policy research or relevant professional experience
- Having published one or more research papers is preferred
- Excellent contextual understanding of the current political situation in Myanmar
- Solid knowledge of federalism and democracy and their key concepts
- Demonstrable appreciation of diversity and peaceful co-existence in Myanmar
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English and Burmese
- Proficiency in one or more ethnic minority languages is preferred
- Ability to work independently and proactively as well as under supervision of Research Manager
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work at times against difficult deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and work well in a team
- Ability to develop good relationship with various stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to comply with organizational policy, rules and work ethic
The Researcher will primarily work from Chiang Mai, Thailand. (Negotiable)
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their cover letter, along with updated CV and two recommendation letters firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Feb 15, 2022
***Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***Women and ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.