May 26, 2017
• Serves as an in-house translator/interpreter.
• Translates documents from English to Burmese and vise versa as required.
• Interprets from English to Burmese and vise versa at workshops, trainings, meetings, etc. as required.
• Translates documents specifically for website and social media postings.
• Arranges, oversees and coordinates external contracts for translation and interpreting as necessary.
• Ensures the quality of external translation and interpreting contracted.
• Coordinates with Communications Officer to ensure the effectiveness of DPN media strategy.
• Reports to the Project Manager.
• Excellent skills in written and spoken English and Burmese.
• Proven experience in translation and interpreting on policy matters.
• Demonstrable knowledge of the peace process in Burma as well as in other regions and around the world.
• A Bachelor’s degree.
• The Translator/Interpreter will primarily work at ENAC Office in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
• This is a 12-month project with likelihood for renewal.
• Interested individual may send his/her CV in English and a cover letter in English to email@example.com.