November 2, 2013
KIO Central Headquarters, Laiza
1. The summit conference attended by a total of 102 representatives and observers, from 17 armed ethnic resistance organizations, was successfully held at the KIO Central Headquarters, in Laiza Town, from October 30, 2013 to November 2, 2013.
2. The summit conference was held with the main aim of ending the civil war, which has been going on for over 60 years, and resolving the fundamental problem, which is political, by political means of negotiation and dialogue.
3. The summit conference seriously analyzed and reached the conclusion that at a time when the political and internal peace problems are being addressed for resolution through dialogue and negotiation, the continuing military offensives by Myanmar Tatmadaw in the lands of the ethnic nationalities, could obstruct the dialogue and negotiation processes.
4. At the summit conference, representatives from the armed ethnic resistance organizations deliberated thoroughly on the question of signing the nationwide ceasefire accord, and laid down the armed ethnic resistance organizations’ 11- point common position on nationwide ceasefire accord.
5. For the performance of coordination relating to points of the common position, the “Nationwide Ceasefire Coordination Team” was formed with 13 members.
6. The leaders and witnesses attending the summit conference affixed their signatures to and endorsed the armed ethnic resistance organizations’ 11-point common position on nationwide ceasefire accord.
7. Accordingly, we would like to state solemnly that this summit conference was a conference that was able to establish unity solidly among the armed ethnic resistance organizations.
Padoh Kwe Htoo Win: (+95) 94-2219-1941
Nai Hong Sar: (+66) 80 503-0849
General Gun Maw: (+86) 135-7120-0543