The Ethnic Armed Organizations’ (EAOs) Senior Delegation (SD) held its 3rd meeting on July 17 – 18, 2015 to prepare for the upcoming 8th meeting with the Union Peacemaking Working Committee (UWPC) to negotiate the remaining issues in the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement (NCA).
The meeting between the UPWC and the SD will be held at the Myanmar Peace Center on July 22, 2015. The meeting will focus on reviewing the issues necessary for completing the Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement (Draft) prepared by the Nationwide Ceasefire Coordination Team and the UPWC in March 2015. The following provisions in the NCA will be discussed:
(1) Revising the NCA (Draft) text in accordance with the decisions made at the EAOs’ Summit at Law Khee Lar;
(2) The Signatories for both sides to the NCA;
(3) National and International Observers and Witnesses to the signing of NCA; and
(4) The “All Inclusive” Nationwide Ceasefire Agreement.
The following spokespersons will answer questions from the media and the public:
- Pu Zing Cung (Thai – 062 9711518)
- Saw Kwe Htoo Win (Myanmar – 094 221 91941; Thai – 0818076279)
- Nai Hong Sar (Myanmar – 09250851881; Thai – 0805030849)
Please direct other media inquiries to the Senior Delegation Media Advisory Team:
Phone: (66) 9 8 850 9 153; Email: email@example.com